AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
If each of the following is true for you, the answer is YES!
- I want a quality career in a high skill/high demand occupation, such as health care, information technology,
manufacturing, welding, electrical, auto mechanics, culinary arts or other skilled trades.
- I will attend Metropolitan Community College in the fall of 2018.
- I am reliable, responsible and hard-working, and others will confirm this.
- I am a senior attending a Douglas or Sarpy County high school.
- I understand this is a need-based scholarship that will be determined, in part, by my FAFSA report EFC score.
- I am either a US citizen, a permanent resident or an eligible non-citizen.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
- See your counselor or Avenue Scholars Career Coach.
- Complete the AKSARBEN Career Scholarship application, including references, by March 2, 2018.
- Complete FAFSA and submit SAR by March 2, 2018 (fafsa.ed.gov). Send report to MCC (School code: 004432).
- Complete the ACCUPLACER test by March 2, 2018. Submit scores to MCC.
- Complete the MCC application by March 2, 2018 (mccneb.edu).
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDE?
- Up to $4,000 annually, for two years at Metropolitan Community College.
- All tuition, books, and fees.
- Other educational costs such as approved tools, uniforms, etc.
- Avenue Scholars college and career support.
WHAT WILL I DO AS AN AVENUE SCHOLAR?
- Work with MCC Navigators and ASF Career Coaches.
- Attend cohort classes, study sessions, career activities and social events.
- Make a plan for working and living on your own.
- Get support in finding and keeping a job you love.
- Receive support with part time work.
Students will be notified in April 2018, if selected.